Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hi all!

Whew!  I know it's been a while since my last post, but boy have I been busy.  It's hard to believe that we have already completed 3 weeks of school!  The time has flown by for me.  I also had a really big birthday, and my sweet husband surprised me by taking me on a quick trip to NY, one of my favorite places!  We had a blast, but now it's time to really get in the swing of things at school and get things rolling. 

The first week of school was super busy with learning procedures, procedures, and more procedures!  The Rhodes Rock Stars are doing a great job so far I must say.  One of my favorite activities of the first week was reading David Shannon's No David and coming up with some do's and don'ts of our classroom.  I had the students dictate to me something we should or shouldn't do.  Then they each made a David of their own.  They turned out so cute!  I just love them.  It was also a great following directions activity.  (**By the way, I found this idea on Pinterest!)

Here are a couple more pictures of our David projects.
Is this priceless, or what??!!  It says, "No being naked!"
Reese B. said "No stealing." 
Madison remembered our rule about glue--"Dot, dot, not a lot!"
And, how about Nick's--"Don't throw things at people!"

I can't wait to post more fun and exciting things that are happening in the Rhodes Rock Stars classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment